Seed Crackers (GF)
This recipe is adapted from my go-to recipe book of the moment, Changing Habits. They are delicious with cheese or dips, with salad for lunch or on a tasting platter to share with friends.
Makes 12-16 squares
1 cup Sunflower Seeds
¼ cup Pumpkin Seeds
4 tsp Coconut oil
½ tsp Sea salt
1 sprig Rosemary
¼ cup Ground Chia Seeds
¼ cup Grated Parmesan (omit to be DF)
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C
2. Pop the sunflower and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and chop/grind for about 1 minute, until the seeds are smaller but not pulverised.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until well combined. Remove the dough (it will be sticky), and with slightly damp hands form it into a ball.
3. Place between two sheets of baking paper (the size of your baking tray), and roll the dough until about ½ cm thick.
4. Remove the top sheet and place the bottom one with the dough onto the baking tray. Use a pizza cutter to trim the sides then mark the sheet of dough into squares. (You can reroll the scraps to make more crackers).
5. Bake for 12-15 mins or until golden. (A light foam will appear on top of the crackers as they cook, but this will disappear as they cool).
6. Remove and leave to cool completely on the baking paper on a wire rack. Then carefully break the crackers into squares.
Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days (if you don’t eat them sooner!!)