Kumara Brownies (GF/DF/RSF)
60ml Maple Syrup
120ml Melted Coconut Oil
65g Almond Meal
20g Cacao Powder
1 tsp Baking Powder
220ml Kumara (sweet potato), puréed
This recipe is adapted from www.paleohacks.com and is my ‘go-to’ recipe when I feel like a nutritious sweet treat, or need to take a plate to a party. Delicious with strawberries!
1. To bake the kumara, cut into 2cm cubes, spray with a little oil, and roast on 180°C for about 10-15mins
2. Let it cool, then purée.
3. Line an 18x26cm slice tin with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180°C.
4. Whisk together the eggs, syrup and coconut oil until well combined.
5. In a separate bowl mix the almond meal, cacao powder and baking powder.
6. Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
7. Whisk in the kumara.
8. Pour the batter into the slice tin and bake for about 30 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Let cool, then slice to desired size.