Chicken Fajita Filling (GF/DF)
...otherwise known as Mummy's Yummy Chicken!
I love easy dinners, especially ones that incorporate plenty of veggies which help me keep my fussy five year old topped up with nutrients. Here is one of his absolute faves!
Approx 500-700g chicken breast
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 jar/300ml passata
1 courgette, grated
1 carrot, grated
Handful of spinach, chopped
Fajita spice mix (we use 1/2 sachet of Old El Paso)
1. Cut the chicken into bite sized chunks or strips
2. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan on a medium heat
3. Add the chicken and cook until it turns white
4. Add the fajita spice mix, and mix well
5. Add the vegetables and cook for 2 minutes
6. Add the passata, turn heat to low and cook until the chicken is cooked through (around 10-15 mins). (You can add more or less passata depending how much runny sauce you want in your wrap!)
Serve in a dish and allow everyone to build their own fajitas, with wraps of your choice, and if you like, a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of grated cheese. It's always a hit with everyone in our household!
You can switch out the vegetables to whatever you have on hand such as red peppers, mushrooms, onions and so on. And you can either blitz them in a food processor to make the veggie pieces small (to satisfy the fussy eaters) or keep them larger. It's such a versatile recipe!